Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Sit Right Down and Write Yourself a Letter

Based on this lesson by a teacher in Canada, students will be writing a letter to their "future selves."
Ok, so it's not too far into the future (I'll be collecting these letters and returning them during the last week of school in June).
The letter should be a Google Doc and should include:
Greeting/Salutation (Dear...)
Body (my hopes, fears, dreams, intentions, goals, problems, concerns, likes, dislikes, joys, frustrations; what I like about myself; what I don’t like about myself; what I’m proud of; what I think about; what bothers me; who I am, predictions about the upcoming school year, etc.)
Closing (Sincerely, Yours Truly, etc.)

DUE DATE: Monday, 9/14. Your letter should be typed as a Google Doc and should be 500 words in length, minimum.
Here's an example of what this letter might look like: http://www.stageoflife.com/Default.aspx?tabid=72&g=posts&t=4142
Here's another: http://www.stageoflife.com/Default.aspx?tabid=72&g=posts&t=4183


No comments:

Post a Comment