Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Recent Reads




I've read two very different books over the last several weeks. The first was Code Orange by Caroline B. Cooney. This novel tells the story of one student who gets into serious trouble for trying to complete his science homework. I liked it, especially the setting (post 9/11 New York City). Caroline Cooney also wrote, among many other things, Burning Up, which is a past school wide read selection at SLMS.



Next, I read Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson. This was my favorite of the two books. President Lincoln's assassination is a familiar story, but I learned things from reading this book that I never knew (for example, the broader conspiracy included an assassination attempt against Secretary of State William Seward).



Both of these books are in the SLMS library.

No comments:

Post a Comment